Monday, August 10, 2015

decisions

I had to make a decision the other day.  It was a difficult one.  Usually I am very methodical about such decisions.  [Aren't all Methodists methodical?]  I usually take a sheet of paper, draw a line down the middle and list the pros and cons.

This was a tough one.  I did not know what to feel or think.  100 thoughts crowded my mind about all the facets of the situation.  Fortunately, underneath in all there was a lingering sense of what the right action was.  And so I was able to make a choice, even though I had many issues about the choice and many unanswered questions.  It just seemed to be the right thing to do.

Oddly, I am not worried about any potential issues or fallout.  I somehow feel that God is in this and that it will be ok.  Maybe God blesses us in our weakness.

Sometimes our choices are limited.  Pray that you will have direction.  Never stop believing that God loves you enough to help you along through the difficult times.  Yea thou I walk through the valley I will fear nothing, for Thou art with me.

Maybe sometimes we end up doing the right things because we stopped thinking about it and trying to control it.  Maybe sometimes it is ok to just put a thing into the hands of God and just go with it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless Jeff and others who have such a strong sense of responsibility, that making good decisions really matters.