Friday, August 28, 2015

if it's easy

I have a friend who is a long time church consultant and on the board of the Lydia Patterson institute.  In response to a recent blog post, he sent me a note that I thought was wise...........

He wrote:
Every church has that "lets go back to Egypt" group.  As my old pastor used to say, "if it is easy, it is probably not God's will."

I am just going to tag onto that and remind everyone, that God takes us so far out of our comfort zone...... I think the Holy Spirit lives on the edge of our comfort zone.  We may go years and never feel the leading, simply because we were not brave enough to go to the edge of the world that we know.

What is God calling you to do?  To be?  If it makes you uncomfortable, that is probably a good thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: