Tuesday, August 11, 2015

surgery

Several have asked me, so here is the story.......

About six years ago I had my gall bladder out.  For whatever reason, the surgeon was not able to remove it laproscopically and I was cut open the old fashioned way.  Big long pirate scar.

Fast forward to about six months ago, and I started to have abdominal pain.  It was an interesting sensation that seemed to get worse the longer that I was on my feet.  After about three months we finally got a cat scan and a diagnosis.  Since all the internal organs were fine and the pain was centered on the scar from the previous surgery, it was either in incisional hernia or adhesions.  Adhesions are little bits of scar tissue that try to attach your abdominal wall to your guts.  The pulling and tugging can be painful.

Yesterday I went in for laproscopic surgery.  Everything went great.  The doctor was very pleased.  It took a little over an hour.  It was not a hernia, but a good bit of scar tissue and adhesions.  The largest section of scar tissue looks to be about the size of a danish roll.  I have pictures if you want to see them.

They cut out the scar tissue and cotterized all of the connections.  Then they took an after picture.  I am all fixed up.  For the first time in a long time, I don't have this odd bump below my rib cage, and when the little entry holes heal up, I will be pain free!

 It is nice to live in a time where God has given doctors the ability to do such things.
I am glad to be on the other side of this story.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it all went well and that you're on the road to more comfort. Good doctors for diagnosing and treating are such a blessing.

Now please don't take this serious, but I have always loved Danish rolls. No more though (smiles)