Monday, August 24, 2015

someone left

Someone left our church because they thought the church was too big.  Who should we throw out to make the church smaller?  Heaven is going to be a very big church.  I wonder if those folks will want to leave there as well?  Too many people?

Someone left because I won't preach on social issues.  Well, I am sorry about that, but I was not called into the ministry of Jesus to get you to agree with me on social issues.  We have differing opinions and we should get over it and lock arms to do the Lord's work.  I am not going to preach on social issues.  I am going to preach about the God who loves us and forgives us and welcomes us.

Someone left because they got busy with life.  Sports, work, some hobby began to take up their time, and then they were gone.  I see them from time to time.  They aren't unhappy with me, they just got busy with life, and church fell to the side.  If this is you, there is a seat available for you on Sunday morning and we would love to have you back.

Someone left because they are tired of being asked to help with missions.  Wow!  So I want a church that doesn't ask me to give myself away for the sake of Jesus Christ?  I have no idea of what to say to that.

Someone left because the pastor does not preach the Bible in the same manner as the church they were raised in.  And to this I quote the famous theologian Terry McCarty who said, "The Bible is not a hammer."

People leave churches for many reasons.  I wish that no one ever left, but they do.  There are somethings that I cannot fix.  Thankfully at the present time, your church is doing well and is very healthy.

I just have to trust that the majority of folks, not only see the good at Woods Chapel, but are actively engaged in keeping our church healthy.   There is plenty of good to see and to be a part of in almost every church.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: