Sunday, September 3, 2017

Awake

I recently read a book entitled Awake by Noel Brewer Yeatts.  It is a wonderful book about mission.  Ironically I bought it off the $1 rack at Mardels.

One of the things that stopped me in my tracks was this statement about a personal revelation that she had about her faith.  She said, "I uncovered something unsettling about myself.  I don't really want a relationship with God.  [relationships are two way streets] Here's what I want.  I want to share with God all I feel, all I need, all that grieves me, all that makes me happy, the puzzling things, the hard things, but I would prefer that God keeps his stuff to himself.  I don't want to hear about his pain and grief."

Wow!  Busted.  This reminds me of a Richard Stearn's quote from the book, The Hole in our Gospel.  "May our hearts be broken by the things that break God's heart."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the need out there.  Be sure to offer yourself to be the hands and feet of Jesus.  If we do that, we will surely see the good.




Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow I guess I too don't want God to expect too much of me - might get uncomfortable -How shallow n unfaithful is that (this better be anonymous)