Thursday, September 28, 2017

tsunami warning

Ahh, driving on US 1 in California is so beautiful.  There are so many amazing sights to see!
Pt. Arena Lighthouse

So I am driving on US 1 on my redwood trip and I saw several of these signs.  When the road dipped down closer to sea level, I guess there is a risk of being washed away by a tsunami.
entering tsunami hazard zone!

I am thinking, what is the point of this sign?  Should I speed up?  Gosh there are so many opportunites for trouble on California's US 1.  You could easily drive off the cliff.



  Or the hill could turn into a giant landslide.  So I am supposed to worry about a possible tsunami?




Sometimes I think I want to know what trouble is coming so that I can prepare.  But if I am at the bottom of a hill on US 1 and a tsunami is coming, please let me stay ignorant.  I won't be able to get out of the way, so please just let me enjoy the drive.  Isn't that why we drive on US 1 anyway?

I cut down the tsunami sign and threw it into the ocean.  Ignorance is bliss.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.




Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, that must be some kind of ride! keep enjoying