Saturday, September 2, 2017

I need a dream

So I have been a bit listless.  My trip to the redwoods was very helpful.  On the last night, I stayed at the Mercy Center in Burlingame.  It's an old convent that has been turned into a retreat center.

While there, I met with a spiritual director.  A spiritual director is someone who is trained in spiritual direction.  They don't offer advice as much as they try to help you discover the answer that is right on the tip of your tongue.  They try to get you to articulate your journey and help you discover the next step.

I told this person everything about my life.  She asked a few questions.  At one point she asked me, "what are your dreams?"  I said, "Well, I used to have dreams, and we fulfilled them all.  I used to have a dream and in short order they came to pass.  Now?  I guess I don't have a dream."  AHA!  Maybe that is it.  Maybe I need a dream today.

Lately I was thinking that maybe dreams were for the young, and maybe when you are older, you figure something else out.  But as I look at my life, I love working around the house, I love painting and laying tile.  I love hanging by the pool.  But I think I need a dream.

A dream is like the heartbeat of your life.  I will be asking God about this.  Please take a moment and say a prayer for me that I might find a dream.  God is not done with me yet, or with you.

What are your dreams?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

PS. lead a bible study or grid-like program.