Friday, September 29, 2017

from my friend Gary

When I was in seminary, they told us, never trust a shepherd who isn't someone else's sheep.  Gary's words reminded me of that old saying.


Never trust a man who doesn’t have a “limp”. Many are visible and many more are not. We all have them. Some choose to hide them or are embarrassed to show them and are giving the illusion that all is well. Recently a friend of mine sent me a CD of when I gave my Testimony in Church 11 or 12 Years ago. I listened to the whole thing as I was driving to see one of my customers. It made me well up with tears and cry. Baring the soul is hard to do. But that was my limp and made me who I was at that time. I made many mistakes and some bad choices. But don't we all. Sharing your story with others lets them see that we all are human and have rough times.

Many things have changed since then. As I listened to myself give that Testimony, Jeff's blog post came to mind - Good Luck, Bad Luck, Who Knows?  [August 9th] The events of my life were unfolding, with what seemed as misfortune or bad choices led to good things and better understanding. Some would call that hindsight by looking back into the past, but wouldn’t that also be called gaining Wisdom…….

g2

No comments: