Wednesday, September 27, 2017

"free" books

I will be starting a new job next week, the Lord willing and the creek don't rise.  By the way, do you know where that saying came from?  I always thought that it meant that I would do this and such as long as we could get the wagon past the water in the creek.  But it actually refers to a time when the Creek Indians would be on the warpath.... I will do this and such, the Lord willing and the Creek Indians don't rise up.

Anyway I have some free books.  Over the years I have collected multiple copies of books that have made a difference in my life.  Now, in retirement, some of them need to find new homes.  I will mail you any of these you would like if you send me your address and $4 for shipping.

Here is what I have available:
The Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell [one of the most striking books on the nature of spirituality.]
Song of the Bird by Anthony deMello - a great book of stories for sermon illustrations.  A must have for any preacher.
Taking Flight by Anthony deMello - another great book of stories.  A must for those who preach every week.
Walking on water by Anthony deMello.  My favorite book of all time.  A must for those who wish to see the good.
The Shack - if you saw the movie, now you can get the book.
Illusions by Richard Bach.  A great book for anyone who needs to begin to believe in themselves.

I probably have more available but this is a start.
Email me at Jsbrink57@gmail.com if interested.

It's a beautiful free book day in God's world, be sure to see the good.




Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: