Sunday, September 24, 2017

softball


My friend Bruce came to visit last week.  He brought his glove and we played catch.  I still have my old glove, and even a ball from the day.  For the better part of 15 years, from 1995-2010 Bruce and I played on the same softball team.  The original church team was the Woodchucks.  As the church grew, that team split to add others.  At the peak of the softball experience, the church hosted 11 teams.  It was a great time to be a young person and a great event for families to get together on Sunday night.

I miss those days.  We used to say that we would play forever, but time does take its toll and the bad knees and bad shoulders finally won out.

Today I would like to give a shout out to the guys that played on our team, the Armadillos.  [What is a pirate's favorite animal?  An arrrrrrmadillo.]  Anyway, here's to my softball buddies - I apologize if I miss anyone..... Here's to Kent, Matt, Bruce, Gary, Jon, Joe, Stu, Robin, Darren, Jason, Jay, and Doug.  I know I have missed a couple.... I am sorry.

Oh, those where great times!  Those were fun nights.  We would sit in the parking lot after the game, listen to Queen and drink ice tea.

Savor the days my friends, they go by so fast.  If you are involved with something that is bringing you joy, stop and smell the roses.  They don't bloom forever.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.




Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we r trying to form a baseball team here at CC Wish u were here Hope it is as successful as your team was