Friday, September 8, 2017

Hurricane Irma Pt 1

So we have had so many inquiries about how we are doing.  Will we stay in Vero Beach or will we go somewhere to miss the storm?

So, point #1 there is no place in Florida to miss the storm.

We talked at length about staying or going.  We have had very generous offers from families for us to stay with them.  Kent and Beth Miller in Cape Coral have opened their house to us.  So have Jerry and Shelly Caesar.  In KC we have offers from Paul and Billie McClain and Tyler and Kenna Stephenson.

We are so thankful for the offers and we may jump on one of them.  But it is more complicated then that.  We have 2 cats, 1 dog, and 6 humans at the house.  Who can accommodate that line up???

Cathy and I have argued about what we should do.
Here is the information that turned a corner for me.  My neighbor, 75 year old widower Mike is staying.  My new neighbors Roy and Jackie are staying my neighbor Greg, his wife and two boys are staying.  Chad, Steve, Jeff and Roxy from Bobby's restaurant are all staying.

I can't leave my neighbors.  I won't leave my neighbors.  Donna Eaton if I lived next to you I would never leave you.  Kim Berwald, Aaron Israelite,
Brittney Jacobs, Amy Bartlett, Brian Dunn, and 75 others of you, if you were my neighbor, I would not, not ever leave you.

I can't imagine a scenario where they wake up after weathering the storm and I pull back into town having dodged the storm.

As far as it stands right now, we are staying.
I hope you understand that.
If I was your neighbor would you leave me?
of course not.

We are staying.

It is a beautiful, stormy day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love all 9 of your gang. Huddle up and be there for everyone!! That's who you are. We will pray for your safety as well as all the others. Not much to complain about in Florida ... except for the hurricanes. Be safe! KBV

Unknown said...

We left. We got out of Dodge. Not only that, we left our son and cat at home. We will come back when it is all over. Our neighbors said they were leaving, then changed their minds. I hope it all blows out to sea. But meanwhile, we are anxiously waiting. Checking forecasts. Generally being forgetful of other people and things, and distracted. Not good company. It's hard whether you stay or leave. Our hearts are all one.

DRieman said...

Well, as silly as some miģht think you are....Mike , Lesley and I can make you guys look good. We are on our way to Destin right now for a week.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jeff for letting me see your heart.