Sunday, September 10, 2017

selfishness

We are so selfish.  It is all about us isn't it?

A hurricane hits Houston and we feel badly.  Maybe we go there on a mission trip, but life for us goes on.  A hurricane comes to our town and everyone freaks out.  Our family is scared.  Our friends cry.

I guess we can't really cry all the time, but I bet that God's heart breaks for everyone in trouble.

This reminds me of a story that I used to tell in church.
"During the war we were scared, so we prayed to God to protect us.... and Praise God!  He did!  All the bombs fell on the other side of the town."

I guess it is human nature to be concerned for one's self.  May we all also have compassion for others as well.

We should be in the middle of the storm right now.  I don't know if we will have internet for me to post tomorrow but I will try to keep you updated.

It is a beautiful, windy day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: