Tuesday, September 26, 2017

heel

I am a heel.  A complete loser.  A buffoon.

I was supposed to preach for a friend last Sunday.  Somehow in my brain I thought it was this coming Sunday.  We set it all up via facebook messages and I am just not on facebook very much.

So anyway, on Sunday, their congregation is waiting for me to show up... and I didn't.  I was a no call, no show.  I feel like a complete jerk.

She finally got ahold of me by facebooking my wife, who called me.  I called my pastor friend and apologized profusely.  l was graciously forgiven, and she even asked to go ahead and preach for her this Sunday.

Grace is getting a gift that you don't deserve.  It is receiving welcome when you don't deserve it.  We have all let someone down at one time or another.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  Yet we are loved and forgiven by God.  Grace is a beautiful thing indeed.  It is beautiful to receive it, and it is amazing to give it.  Maybe being on the loser end of life and receiving grace, can make us more willing to give it to others.  Who are you offering grace to today?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: