Sunday, November 26, 2017

good advice

Sometimes we worry too much.  My friend who plays the piano, missed a note a few weeks ago and was mortified... no one else noticed.... I fumbled through worship a few weeks ago and hardly anyone noticed.

My friend Harriett who is a retired teacher sent in this advice: When I was teaching I use to ask the kids and myself at times the following:  Did anyone get hurt?
Will I remember this next year on this date?
If the answers were no, I and or the kids moved on! Everyday is a new day with no baggage if you will let it be.


So the only baggage that we have in this life is the baggage that we choose to carry. Maybe it is time to put some of the junk that we are carrying down. Then we will have the strength to concentrate on what really is important in this life.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: