Friday, November 17, 2017

their culture our culture

Some years ago, I was upset to learn what happened to the cover stones of the Egyptian pyramids.  Why are they so rough except for the top of the largest one?  Well I was upset when I learned that the Muslims had removed the smooth cover stones to build their mosques.  Who would do that?  Why would someone deface one of the 7 wonders of the world?  To worship their God?  What would God think of that?  Tearing into one of the greatest structures in the world?  I was upset.

Yesterday, I learned that the reason a big chunk of the colosseum in Rome is missing, is because the Christians removed the stones to build St. Peter's basilica and other churches in Rome.

Hmmm.  So about the time I think that our ways are better than someone else's ways, about the time I think that we are not like them, who ever them is, I find out that we are all the same.  We all have our faults.

Evidently it is common practice to tear down the temples and buildings of other cultures to build our own.  Besides, who wants the reminders around that there was another culture here, maybe greater than our own?

People.  I guess they didn't realize the historical value of the places.  Point being that we shouldn't be pointing the finger at anyone else, because we do the same things.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours



No comments: