Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has become one of my most treasured times of the year. My family comes home, and they are on their best behavior. The food is amazing. If you ever get a chance to eat my wife’s cooking, you will never feel sorry for me again. Even in Florida, the weather is cooler.  Football is on the television. And most of all, gratitude is in the air. Whatever attitudes have been carried throughout the year, at Thanksgiving, everyone pauses to give thanks.

Giving thanks changes nothing, but it changes everything. Gratitude can take us from complaining about our job, to being thankful that we have a job. It can take us from complaining about being old to giving thanks that we are alive. Gratitude can change our perspective, and when the way we see the world changes, everything changes.

Someone once said, “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is that it does not have to be locked into November. The Fourth of July is always in July. St. Patrick’s day is always in March. Thanksgiving however, given a chance, can take over the entire year. It can become a friend that travels with you everywhere that you go. It can take over any month, any day, any hour. It can dominate, if we allow it, every month, every day, every hour.

I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for my new church home in Ft. Pierce.
I am thankful for you.

The scripture asks us to give thanks. Psalm 118 says, “”Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.” Do you want to change your attitude? Do you want to change your life? Give thanks. Give thanks. Give thanks.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy, thankful day to u n your family🦃🍽