Sunday, November 12, 2017

hugs part 2


My friend Sherry send this in....

Hugs Part Two

Now that we may have piqued your awareness of the value of increasing a person’s sense of well-being, by sharing a hug with them, the issue of whether we keep hugging the same people, and are unknowingly preferential about who we hug comes to mind.

Do I only hug my favorite people, or do I reach out to those who are really in need of a hug, but I haven’t noticed them.  We have a very loving church family at our church, but sometimes on Sunday morning I notice that people keep hugging their friends and their favorites.

I would invite you to join me, the next time you’re at church, and catch a glimpse of those who do not feel a part of the inner circle, but might really feel valued if they received a hug. 

This coming Sunday I’m going to try to be conscious of giving one person a hug, or sharing a kind word with them, but I haven’t previously reached out to them.


I encourage you to do the same.


My comments....... How true!  If we only love those who love us, what reward should we expect?  Even non-Christians do that.

I have noticed at times though, when I reach out for the "less desirable people" some of God's beautiful people get annoyed.  That is too bad.  Every human is desirable.  We don't live the same life, but we will all die the same death and stand before the same God.  When we were in Jr High we only sat at with our friends at the lunch table.  We had our little group and we played favorites.  We  are not in Jr High any more.  Whether a hug or a handshake and a smile, let's learn to value and to reach out to everyone.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018.  If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: