Monday, January 29, 2018

busted

Our house has 2 1/2 bathrooms.  Knowing that, I have nothing to complain about.  Ever.  Life is good.

I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in two of them so I can brush my teeth whenever, wherever.

So I walked into bathroom #2 the other day and saw this sitting on the counter.  It is my tube of toothpaste.  Looks like someone squeezed it in the middle.  Hmmm.  Who would have done that???

When I was younger there was a discussion about if you should squeeze from the bottom or from the middle.  I was always insistent that you should only squeeze from the bottom.  It makes no sense to squeeze from the middle of the tube.  If we want to get it all out, you must, one must squeeze from the bottom.  It was the only sensible option.  Who would squeeze from the middle of the tube?

Now it has been years since the arguments over which way toilet paper should roll or how to get toothpaste out of the tube.  Honestly I had forgotten the arguments.  But oh boy, was I right about the correct and only way to do it at the time.

Squeeze from the bottom only!

Now I found myself staring at a tube which had been squeezed from the middle, and I had done it.  Oh my.  What has become of order, knowledge and doing the right thing?

Maybe our insistence that this is the only way to do a thing, is misguided.  Maybe we have no right to demand that everyone live life the way that we do.  Maybe the tube will end up empty regardless of the method.  Maybe that person's life will be a joyful and good thing whether they do it in the manner that I think that they should or not.

Let's get off the backs of those who are bottom squeezers.  It's all going to come out in the end.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: