Sunday, January 21, 2018

The idea of a thing

There is the idea of a thing and then there is the reality of a thing.  I have an idea about buying a car.  I see myself cruising along, feeling powerful in that car.  Then I buy the car and I have to make the payments and I discover a few mechanical problems with it.  The idea of a thing is quite often better than the actual thing.

There is the idea of getting that promotion.  You see yourself as happier, making more money and gaining prestige.  But then the promotion moves you to a new department, away from your friends.  Uncle Sam takes most of your raise and you have more headaches than prestige.  The idea of a think is quite often better than the actual thing.

The moral of this story is this.... don't waste today wishing for tomorrow.  Today's car may not be perfect but it is good.  Today's job may not be perfect but it is good.  Today's house, today's neighborhood, today's church may not be perfect, but it is good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super good reminder!!!