Friday, January 19, 2018

remedial speech

I had forgotten about this, but when I was in early elementary school I was put into a remedial speech class.  A couple times a week I was released from regular class to go down to the speech teacher's room where she would work with three of us.

I don't remember what my problem was exactly.  Nodes on the vocal cords from screaming too much maybe.  I just don't recall.  I do remember having to keep track of how many times I swallowed each day.  I carried around a pen and a 3 x 5 card and marked each swallow or cough.

Anyway, I evidently passed the course as you can see from my certificate here!  I am so appreciative of the teachers and other adults that exercised great patience in trying to raise me into adulthood.  I am sure that I delivered a good deal of gray hair to them.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: