Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Orion

google image
Orion, is an equatorial constellation and so it is visible throughout the entire world.  It's brightest stars are Rigel and Betelgeuse.  When I was in Junior High I was in the astronomy club and I caught an interest in the stars.

Over the years I have watched Orion rise in the fall and set in the spring.  Last week I saw it for the first time in Florida.  The annual appearance of Orion has marked the years of my life.  From Jr. Hi. through college, seminary and every town that I have lived in along the way. 

People through out history have gazed up at the night sky and wondered about life, love and God.  The Psalmist says that "the heavens declare the glory of God."
Picture I took last week

I have posted about Orion several times over the years. In fact it appears to be a very common topic for me...
11-8-2007
4-14-2008
3-10-2009
12-31-2013
[if you view the blog at its web address www.canyouhearthebirdssing.blogspot.com, there is a search box in the upper left corner where you can type in anything you want and see if there has been any writing on that topic...]

 And now even as time marches on I consider my life, God, his creation, and the opportunities that we have every day to live, love and do good in his name.

Find a star or a constellation that speaks to you.  See the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: