Friday, January 5, 2018

wrong

Ryobi cordless blower - a cool tool.
Wrong, again.  I was.  Wrong, again.

The other day I climbed up on a ladder and cleaned out my neighbors gutters.  They didn't ask me to do it, but I could tell that it needed to be done.  So I did it.

Here is the method of cleaning gutters.

  1. set ladder up near starting point.  
  2. blow leaves and stuff out of gutter with fancy new blower that you are proud of.
  3. move ladder down along the gutter as needed and repeat.
  4. set fancy blower down in the yard.
  5. drag out hose and wash leaves off of roof.
  6. wash all debris into and through the down spouts.
  7. pick up tools.
  8. feel good about a job well done.

Now fast forward.  I went to bed at 10pm.  At 330am I woke up and I was hot.  So I got a drink and moved to the couch.  Around 6am I am waking up, deciding whether I will try to sleep some more or get up and get going.  Then I realize a tragic thing has happened.  I left my new blower out in my neighbors yard.

Time to get up.  I pop to my feet.  I find some clothes.  I grab a flashlight and I go out looking.  Now it is still dark outside and I am walking around in someone else's yard with a flashlight.  Good way to get shot, I thought.

Damn.  The blower is gone.  Maybe my neighbor took it inside for me.  Probably the neighborhood kids stole it.  Dog on it!

So I head toward the garage.
Ahhh!!!  There behind the bush is my blower, right where I had stashed it yesterday.
So I did not leave it out in the grass, the neighborhood kids did not steal it.
I was wrong, again.

Why do I sometimes assume the worst?
Well this is a new year.  I am going to make a couple of resolutions.
1.   think the best of people whenever possible.
2.  Put tools away when done using them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com








I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018



No comments: