Saturday, March 24, 2018

don't let it steal your joy


My friend Kathy sent this in, I thought it was worth sharing...

Years ago I was going to a counselor. He told me that many of life’s problems steal the joy from today and the best thing to do is “be HERE now”… wherever I am – whatever I am doing – focus on THAT and let the rest go. Also, enjoy the journey – don’t just work towards the goal. Enjoy the steps along the way. This works well to:

  1. Get more done in the moment by focusing on the task at hand and not worrying about other things. Problems are resolved much sooner.
  2. Allows for joy in the moment even if there are other things that want to steal our joy.
  3. As a young mother I would feel the pull to clean the house or cook dinner when my kids just wanted me to play and “be here” with them. I’m glad I made the better choice – I have great memories – and so do they.

My comment... yes there are many things in life that will steal our joy if we allow it. Remember, you have power over your attitude. Something may come along and try to steal your joy. It may bump you hard. Let it bounce off and move on as quickly as you can. Do not become stuck in negativity. Life is too good.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com



- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: