Saturday, March 3, 2018

Good bye my friend


KiKi interrupting my reading

If you are not a cat person, I understand, but please empathize with our grief.

We had to say goodbye to one of our cats, Princess KiKi commonly referred to as the fat cat.  We got her and her brother 14 years ago.  The girls called from Petco asking if they could bring home a kitten.  When I said yes, the one cat mysteriously turned into two.  Oh well.

When the girls went to college, the cats stayed home.  When the girls moved out, they did not take the cats of course so the cats [KiKi and her brother Tyler] became our cats. 

KiKi was a very sweet cat.  A Maine coon cat.  Click here to read about this type of cat:
maine coon cats
KiKi on left, Tyler on right

On several occasions when I was in personal distress, KiKi would hear me crying and come running into the room and jump on my lap.  I am going to miss this cat.

In the last year she has been in kidney failure- lack of energy, frequent drinking, frequent urination, kidneys not filtering the fluid, lack of appetite, bile, vomiting, and weight loss.  It has just become time.

We took her in to the vet.  She went to kitty heaven.  I hope that the sadness soon turns into a savoring.  She was a very good cat.  I will miss her.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com







I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: