Wednesday, March 21, 2018

too many problems

Some years ago I was in trouble. I had more problems than anyone should have.  I had about 7 of life's really big messes going on all at the same time.  When  this happens to a person we can get overwhelmed with emotion.  The worry just comes in waves and we can feel paralyzed.  Too much input and none of it is good.

During this time I ran into my old friend, Bob Walls.  He gave me some great advice.  He said, pick one of the 7 to work on, to focus on.  Just admit that the other six will be there when you are done, but let them go and work on the one.  After you make progress on the one thing, then go back to the six and pick the next one to work on.  Leave the other 5 alone until you are done with #2.

For me this worked.  I stopped worrying about the other six and was able to focus on the one.  The other thing that happened as soon as I made a little progress on the one, I began to feel some hope.  Hey this is not overwhelming, hey we can get to the other side.

I hope you have no problems.  I wish you only blue skies.  But if you suddenly find that you are surrounded by too many problems all at the same time, you may want to try this approach.  It helped me a ton.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com



- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: