Friday, March 16, 2018

friends

Last week in a post I mentioned that I had not made friends in Florida.  I heard from several of you.  That statement made you sad.

I did not mean that I have not made friends.  I have built relationships with many people that would qualify as friends.....  Judy and Joe, Terri and Jim, Adam, Joanne, Ginger, Greg, Nancy, Bernie, Peggy, Kathy, Arlene and many others.

Here is the problem.... when you are a pastor and people know you as a pastor, it limits what a friendship can become until people get past the idea that you are a pastor.  Being a pastor just makes things weird sometimes.

So let's move past the pastor thing.  Let's sit down sometime on the porch and drink a few beers and tell our worst stories about life and our best jokes.  A pastor, most pastors, well at least this pastor, just wants to be known and accepted as a regular human.

I thank you Florida friends for all of our relationships and I know that they will only get better.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com







I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: