Monday, March 19, 2018

get busy


A friend sent this in....

I have been struggling with the loss of my friend this past week. He knew me better than my own twin brother. I miss his voice, his laughter and his gentle hug. I will notice  things that he gave me and it kind of sends me down a rabbit hole for a little while. I have to remind myself to see and think differently. The beauty of today, the joy of friends that I have (like you), family and the presence of the now - this moment in time. For that is what I have. I don’t have yesterday with our family, friends,  or pets that have gone on before us. I don’t have tomorrow as we are never promised tomorrow. But what I do have is this moment in time, with wonderful memories of times shared together. There is a phrase I think of often from the movie The Shawshank Redemption. “Either get busy living, or get busy dying”. I still think back to the times that “ were”. I remember and cherish them. My friend made me a better man, friend and husband. I miss him! But I think I choose to get busy living, making new memories and new fiends.  I still look back but today I am Living life, enjoying today and looking forward to the possibilities.

g2



- - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018



No comments: