Monday, April 9, 2018

animals and church

So at Mercer, MO we once had a bird in the sanctuary during a Sunday afternoon sing.  Years later at Woods Chapel we had a bird in the sanctuary on Sunday morning.  Having learned from the experience in Mercer, I made the congregation sing "His Eye is on the Sparrow."  I also once caught a garter snake inside of the church.  I think he was looking for the bird.

this is not the kind of snake that I caught.


At Cape Coral we had burrowing owls on the church property. 

Why do people think owls are wise?
This guy does not look too smart to me.

At Ft. Pierce the church is located in the PAD.  Peacock Arts District in case you were wondering.  One peacock named George [why you name a peacock is beyond me] anyway, George lives just outside my office and makes the most awful noises.

George must be a Methodist.  All are welcome right?

you have to sit up high so your dress doesn't drag the ground.

Showing off for the ladies.  My office is upper left.
Tomorrow I am going to lay awake in the middle of the night worried that a peacock will come thru the cat door.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018



No comments: