Saturday, April 21, 2018

why me?

Someone did something nice for me.  Part of my brain thought, why me?  Years ago I did something nice for someone and they asked the same question, why me?

Hopefully I do nice things more than every few years....

Back to the story......
I think it is human nature to feel from time to time that we don't deserve it, or we are not worthy, or there are so many other more deserving folks...

Sure, some folks are full of themselves and think they are entitled to everything.  Some think that the world owes them.
But we who were raised in repressive Protestant homes know that we are probably not worthy of much at all.

Over the years I have come to believe differently.  I am worth caring about, and so are you.  I am worth going to lunch with and so are you.  We are all valuable to God.  Heck he died for us!

Why you?  Why me?  Why not?
Human life is valuable, incredible and temporary.
Do all the nice things that you can for all the people you can.
And let them do something nice for you and just force yourself to enjoy it.
It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf


No comments: