Friday, April 13, 2018

I still miss you

The text Dan sent me
 earlier that night.
It was one year ago today.
It was April 13, 2017.
It was Maundy Thursday, 2017.
10:30pm or so, I'm not exactly sure...
I received a phone call....

My friend Dan Horn had a heart attack and passed away.
Dan Horn age 55.  Gone from us, gone to God.

Dan.  One of my best friends.  One of the finest men I have ever known.  He loved his wife and kids.  he loved his friends.  He loved canoeing. He was an avid Cardinals fan.  He was a good man, a GOOD man.  Funny, oh, Dan was funny.  He loved Steven Wright and he loved the blues.  He introduced me to the Tedeschi Trucks Band.

He was a low maintenance friend.  We had some wonderful talks on his back porch with our friend Jack.  We had some wonderful breakfasts, when I made them, at Neighbors or HiVee.  He was always there for me.

I loved him.  I love him.
Dan, I still miss you so much.  We all do.
Dan Horn, I honor you.  I honor your life.

Dan Horn

Gary Glenn, Tyler Stephenson, Dan Horn

Jeff Brinkman, Gary Glenn, Dan Horn








No comments: