Monday, April 23, 2018

I don't know what you are talking about

A few weeks ago in church it was time for the passing of the peace.  I was on a bee-line to shake someone's hand that I thought needed the connection.  Along the way to that person I realized that I had walked right past another person who I could have easily greeted.

Later, I wondered if they felt ignored or slighted.  I found them a few days ago and apologized.  I explained the situation and I apologized.

Their response was simple, "I don't know what you are talking about."
Whether the person remembered or not, I don't know, but I loved the response.

Imagine if every time we were hurt or slighted, instead of holding a grudge, we let it go.  We let it go so much that we could say with a smile to the other party, "I don't remember, or I don't know what you are talking about."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

No comments: