Saturday, August 24, 2019

Grace in denial

I was listening to a sermon by my friend Pastor Robyn Miller.  She was talking about grief and Elizabeth Kubler Ross's stages of grief.  One of EKR's stages is denial.

Pastor Robyn said that there is a bit of grace in denial.  I had never thought of that, but I loved it.  If I can deny or pretend that something is not a certain way, I keep the pain at bay.  I buy myself time to deal with reality in the future.  I portion the struggle out a little bit at ta time. 

That is grace.  I don't have to face it all today.  I don't have to swallow it all today.  My heart can have some time to adjust.

Grace is always good.

Sometimes grace buys us time.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: