Thursday, August 1, 2019

On letting people in

If you want to be close to someone, you have to let them in.  You have to make yourself vulnerable and let them see who you are.  Deep relationships are formed only when we allow others to get close.  Only then can we have talks that are real.

Of course when you let people in, you run the risk of being hurt.  Maybe they won't like what they find, maybe they will reject you.  There are 1,000 reasons why we don't let people in and some of the reasons are good.

A person has to ask themselves... do I want to run the risk and let someone in, or do I want to live a life of pretend in my own self-made prison?  Can I find friends that will respect and care for me?

Personally, although I have been hurt a few times over the years, I have found it much better to let people in.  If you are lonely or just tired of being a one person show, make your self vulnerable and find yourself a real friend.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours




No comments: