Tuesday, August 13, 2019

What religion was Jesus?

From my friend Pat...

I imagine running into Christ at Starbucks and asking him “What religion are you?”

He wouldn’t say Christian: that was actually a negative term in Judea during the time shortly after the Crucifixion. And I doubt he would say Jewish: by the time of his death he was way beyond where he started, and remember, he railed against Jewish religious leadership. He certainly wouldn’t reply Catholic, or Methodist or Southern Baptist.(I’m not welcome in parts of the South now)

I think he would say that he practiced the religion of “kindness”, a word that defines actions, not beliefs.

You can’t believe yourself into eternal life, but you can act yourself there. Act kindly towards others, no matter what you believe.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours


No comments: