Thursday, August 22, 2019

Monsters at night part 2

My brain has been thinking about my friend Pat's post from the other day.

There are things that I think about at night that I don't think about during the day.  Why don't I think about them during the day?  Because my brain is driving a car, it is visiting someone from church, it is talking to you on the phone.

But at night, the junk comes out.  The worries.  The regrets.  The things that still hurt.  I have noticed that there are a few recurring themes that take over my brain at night.  In my dreams, in my thoughts when I am in and out of sleep.  I think that I still need to work on forgiving some people.

I hope that you don't lay awake at night and think of past hurts.  It is not so much fun.

I know that I am getting better because I don't need to talk about those times anymore.  Maybe one day soon I will stop dreaming about those hurts.  Let's keep working on them.  Let's keep giving our hearts to God.

May God grant us all more daytime joys even in the night.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: