Thursday, August 8, 2019

on forgiveness

From time to time I think of people that hurt me.  No it is not you.  These folks don't read my blog.  I try to forgive.  I have worked on forgiveness.  I want to forgive.  But what they did to me was so cruel.  The sadness, the hatred, the rejection, the betrayal, it is hard to forget.  But I keep working on it.

I am writing this today because I know that there are others who harbor hatred, anger and unforgiveness.  Friends we know that it is wrong and unhealthy to hold onto hurts from the past.  Yet it is often so hard to let them go.

I know that when we heal, we stop needing to tell the story.  I don't tell people any more about what happened to me.  I also believe that those that hurt me are good people.

If you still hold an unforgiveness, you are not alone, I think almost every human struggles with it.  Keep working on it.  Keep trying.  Keep working on overcoming evil with good.  Love is stronger.  Keep filling your life with love.  I am in a better place now and I know it can get better for you as well.  Keep at it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: