Thursday, August 29, 2019

Life and death

When we are young we feel invincible.  As if aging and death won't come for me.  Even though we know that all people die, we hope for a pass or an exception to the rule for ourselves and those whom we love.

My friend Kitty sent me a note recently...
I have had several dear friends “leave this life for a better one”
of late. What do we say to that family or friend to comfort them?
When I send a card, I always share this thought.”
I don’t even know where I first read it, but it has always been very
meaningful to me:
“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.”

Love is so valuable, and loss is measured by the level of love.  No love, no sense of loss.  Huge love, huge cavernous loss.  The only way to not have the loss is to never have had the love in the first place.

You know the old saying, it is better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all.

Love leaves a memory that no one can steal.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020




No comments: