Monday, August 19, 2019

The monsters at night

From my friend Pat...

It is 3:45 am. I am awake. It is dark. I am alone. My world is overwhelmed by what might go wrong. The market will crash, and I’ll have nothing, again. The pain in my back will require surgery. I’ll never walk again. I missed a filing date: I’ll get sued, I won’t be able to work. Or all my kids will move home, again.

And so on.

Those monsters are so big at night. All the good things in your world are still asleep, but every terrible thing that can lurk, is banging around your brain at 3:45 am. Its like the disciples in the boat with Jesus: the storm is raging, He’s asleep. They’re terrified.

But morning comes and whatever awful things ran through your mind 3 hours earlier are back in their cages, whimpering. God was never asleep.(what a silly human notion) He was there the whole time. Remembering that thought at 3:45 will keep the beasts at bay, and let you go back to sleep.

And if your kids do move home, tell them there is only room for the grandchildren.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours


No comments: