Sunday, August 4, 2019

This is my Father's world part 1

Thank you all for the ideas on what to post about.  My friend Ginger reminded me that one of my favorite hymns is "This is my Father's world"  certainly a topic worth a blog post, or two or three.

So my how our lives have changed.  When I was in 3rd grade at South City View Elementary in Kansas City, our class sang "This is my Fathers world" at the PTA meeting.  At the public school, we sang a Christian song.!!!

The Principal also smacked me several times with a paddle board with holes in it.  The teachers would grab my crew cut and shake my head to get my attention.

My best memory of grade school was that I got my first kiss from Sue Ellen Butler.  3rd grade, South City View, out on the playground during recess.  Whoop whoop!!!

It was a different time. 

Today I don't think that Principals get to spank kids.  I know that teachers don't get to shake a kids head by his hair.  I doubt that Christian hymns are sung for PTA meetings.  But I hope that third grade girls are still kissing third grade boys.

We all struggle with this life.  So many things to face, so much difficulty.  And with all of the changes, and all of the stress that we all feel from time to time, this is still my Father's, our Father's world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours


No comments: