Sunday, April 5, 2020

A beautiful day

Since 2007, the tag line for this blog has been, "it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good."

I have had to remind myself over the years to try to see the good when things were not going my way.  See the good when someone is not nice to me.  See the good when I don't feel happy.  See the good when I had a middle seat on the plane.  See the good when restaurant service was bad.

Now, seeing the good has taken on a completely different meaning.  It is almost easier to see the good because all of us know that our days could be numbered. 

What about this virus?  Will it get to my city?  It is already here.  Will it get to my neighborhood?  Probably.  If it gets to my house, how will it arrive?  Will I be one of many who get the virus but have no symptoms?  Will my symptoms be mild?  What if they are difficult?  What if I have to go to the hospital?  What if I die?

Gosh it's all possible.

That makes today very important.  That makes today very beautiful.  That makes today one of a kind.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: