Saturday, April 25, 2020

Paying attention to the simple things

My friend Nancy is a healthy walker. She walks like Forest Gump ran. I wish I was as healthy as she is with her walking.

Anyway, she sent me this story that I thought I would pass on.

Last week, on the day that you wrote about seeing nature and had posted the beautiful pictures, I walked over near the ocean. As I walked down by Manatee Island restaurant, I saw the resident rabbit.  I see it frequently and believe that it lives in the bushes by the restaurant. The night before, there had been some rain and there on a low lying place in the sidewalk sat the rabbit drinking from a small puddle. I stood 4 feet away and just watched quietly for probably 5 minutes. Probably 2 months ago, I would have certainly not taken the time just to stand and watch. I walked down that big sidewalk toward the jetty . I got out on the jetty and another crevice provided a puddle.  There I watched 3 different little birds take their baths individually.  I could not believe how long each of them splashed around in the few inches of water.  I stood for a long time a few feet away just watching.

It is nice to see things as simple as that and be reminded that life will go on and its not all about my discontent.

Another small bird was perched on top of one of the street signs singing away and I had the same exact thought that you did--no worries, just another day!


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: