Friday, April 17, 2020

What does the cross mean?

Following up on yesterday's post...

If I am no longer going to believe that God intentionally killed his son to get even with us, what do I believe? What do I replace the old ideas with? What does the cross mean?

Peter Abelard [1079-1142] was one of the early teachers in this line of thinking. According to Abelard, "Jesus died as the demonstration of God's love, a demonstration which can change the hearts and minds of the sinners, turning them back to God."

I would add that if I suffer for you, it is a sign of love. If I go out of my way for you, it shows that I love you. On the cross, Jesus showed God's great love for us.

Do you sacrifice for your children?  Would you suffer pain for them?  A good parent spends their life trying to help their children grow, learn and fly in life.

A good parent does not murder someone because they are offended.

The cross is a message of God's love.
Feel the love.
Live the love.
Spread the love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: