Monday, April 20, 2020

The world marches on

George on top of the sign


So, we think that the world has come to a complete halt.
This is the most unusual, unnerving, discomforting time in our lives.
Bigger than 9-11.  Bigger than the housing bubble in 2008.
Big stuff is going on.

And so the other day I walked out of the church to head to my car.
In the yard next to the church, live a flock of peacocks.  The main male, the boss, is named George.
As I stepped out, I saw George perched on the church sign.
I had a very strange feeling.
We are nervous.  We are worried.  Some of us are wigged out.
For George the peacock, it is just another day.
Eat, drink, and shake your tail feathers for the ladies.

one of George's girls

We are worried.
The birds are not.

And I remember Jesus' words in Matthew 6

26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

It is just another day for the birds. No problems, no worries, our Maker has our back.  If we saw life the way that the birds did, we may not be so worried. How can we learn to look at life and just feel trust in God?

If the birds can do it, I can do it, we can do it.


the seagull is not worried
the sand hill crane is not worried
the Muskogee duck is not worried.

Don't worry my friends.  The birds are cool.  This will all work out.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: