Tuesday, April 7, 2020

heart thoughts

This crisis we're living through right now is hard on everyone. The uncertainty of the future, financial worries, health concerns, and feeling helpless. I too feel the effects of all this chaos and confusion, but I remain calm and collected because I truly believe and feel, with every fiber of my being, that God is with me, with us. 

Sometimes, as I sit here at home, I think that maybe I should be more concerned instead of just sitting here watching movies, doing chores around the house, going out for walks, continuing with "normal" life.... but then I stop and remind myself that worrying about the difficult and sometimes scary situation we're living through at the moment will not help at all. It will only add to the problem, increase the stress level, chisel away at my patience and begin to make me question my faith.  I refuse to give anything, or anyone for that matter, that kind of power over me, especially over my faith in God. 

I remind myself that I am already doing everything that I can do and I'm supposed to do to navigate these uncertain times. I am doing my part. I also remind myself that God has not forsaken us, He is always with us, watching over us, protecting us, helping us to keep going and surrounding us with His Grace. His blessings surround us at all times if we just take a moment to see them, to feel them and to be thankful for them. 

The ongoing crisis sometimes makes it difficult to do that, but we have to remind ourselves that even though God did not cause this, there are always lessons to learn, and always character to build. Sometimes it is hard to find a reason or a purpose, but I think we humans tend to learn through struggle more than easy street.

God has given us free will and he watches the decisions that we make. It is important through all this to remain steadfast in the knowledge and belief that His love for us is immense and unending. That even though He is certainly allowing us to bend as we live through this confrontation, that He will certainly never allow us break. That we, with our faith and unwavering belief in His love for us, will not only make it through this, but we'll be better for it. Stronger in faith, more appreciative of each other, more compassionate, more loving, more helpful and patient with each other and more thankful for all His blessings. 

Having faith means being completely confident, beyond any shadow of doubt, that He is Love, He is righteous, He is equitable, He is good and kind... He is GOD. He loves us completely and His Grace is all around us. Having faith means trusting completely in His love and knowing that He is always with us. Always. WITHOUT ANY DOUBT... ALWAYS.

Submitted by my dear friend Rudy from First Watch

No comments: