Tuesday, April 21, 2020

instacart

Well with the social distancing order in place, my handyman work has dried up.  So I first focused on fixing things around the house.  Believe you me, if it can be taken apart, cleaned, oiled and put back together, I have done it.

After a few weeks I got terrifically bored.  I still have my 15 hour a week church job, which I love, but I had to find something to do to get out of the house.

I finally applied and was accepted to deliver groceries for instacart.  I have been doing it part time [in times of my choosing] and I am loving it!!!  The shopping is like going on a treasure hunt.  I am my own boss and I can work as much or as little as I want.  It fits nicely around my work at the church.

The best part is the people that I get to help.  Many are quite terrified of getting out in public.  I made one delivery to a woman that is 101 years old.  I made another delivery to a woman with cystic fibrosis.  Almost everyone is pleasant and glad to see me.  It makes me feel like I am doing something worth while.

You know it makes you feel good when someone is glad to see you.  When this is over, I will be glad to see you!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to Jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: