Thursday, April 9, 2020

what are we to do?

My friend Pat reminds me that we all have fears.  "None of us would be fearless if a ghostly apparition with a burning sword suddenly appeared in our bedroom at night. God in his greatness knows any of us would faint dead away when confronted with such a visit. 

On the other hand, God comes in quiet, discrete ways. What he doesn’t want us to fear are the changes and trials that may come."

"What breath of God do you hear in these times? The notion isn’t frightening, but what it asks you to do might be."

I have been waking up with nothing to do... should I watch TV?  Work in the yard?  Dust the wine bottles?  Clean the paint brushes... again...

Pat reminded me that maybe what we are to do in these times is bigger than that.  Is God asking me to see life in a better way?  Is God asking me to appreciate those around me?  Is God asking me to share?  To eat left overs?  To become content with a simpler life?

What is God asking you to do and be in these times?

No comments: