Saturday, May 9, 2020

Giddy

On Monday I was giddy.

The restaurants are back open.  I ate breakfast at my favorite place in Ft. Pierce with two of my favorite people.  I am sure that I talked their ears off.

I helped Dick deliver sandwiches to the homeless folks.  One of my favorite things to do.

I gassed up for $10.

I went home and took a nap.

I had a couple of brews at Bobby's and got to see some of my friends.

Monday was great.  I was giddy.  The world has come back to life.

Now it is almost a week later, and I am not giddy.  It all already seems like old hat.  But it shouldn't.  Life should never feel like old hat.

If you can go to a restaurant, you are blessed.  If you have food, we should give thanks.  $1.75 gas?  In Europe gas is $7 a gallon.  We should be very grateful.

We Americans take so much for granted.  Just stop and think about the simple things that we enjoy.  Sometimes we think that we are owed them.  We are not.  They are all gifts of God.

That is why our lives should be filled with kindness and generosity.  We aren't owed any of it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


No comments: