Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday Drive

When I was a kid we went for a Sunday afternoon drive.
I never really understood it, but in some ways it was my parent's way of having a family.

This practice started in 1969 when my dad got a promotion at Ford.  As a part of his job, he had an LTD Country Squire station wagon as a lease car.

We would all load up in that car and go for a drive on Sunday after church.

I don't remember what we talked about, if anything at all, but it was good to get out.  It was good to think that we were doing something together.

After all of my difficult stories about my family, this is a good one.  At least as good as it gets for our family.

During this time of lock down, maybe you can get together with your peeps and go for a Sunday drive.

Everybody needs a little time together.  Everybody needs a little time away from the boredom of regular life.

Pile your family in the car and go for a Sunday drive.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: