Friday, May 8, 2020

The role of music in a person's life

I have become a big fan of the movie Yesterday.  It is about a musician who starts covering Beatles songs.  To his surprise, no one has ever heard any of their music before.  He is obviously a big hit.

Imagine a world without the Beatles.

And so I started thinking about songs that I enjoy.  Songs that make me feel good.  Songs that I have loved over the years.

Among the first songs that I remember listening to and liking were Easy Come, Easy Go by Bobby Sherman and Suspicious Minds by Elvis.

And then life moved on and I listened to a gazillion songs.
Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka
Sister Golden Hair
I hear you knocking
Anything Eagles
Anything James Taylor
Neil Diamond
CCR
BTO
The Moody Blues
Pink Floyd

Wow the gift of music in a person's life is amazing.
Today some of my favorites are:

Van Morrison, Into the mystic.
Zack Brown Band, Free
Luke Bryan, Drink a beer
Meatloaf, two out of three ain't bad
Brooks and Dunn, Neon Moon

Imagine a world without the Beatles.
Imagine a world without music.
It's just impossible.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


No comments: