Saturday, May 16, 2020

what I get

Yesterday's post got me to thinking more about what I get out of a situation and what I bring to a situation.

Imagine a church, a company, or a family where everyone said, "what am I getting out of this."  Gosh what a terrible place that would be.  Me me me!!!  It's all about me!  Wahh, I'm not getting what I want.  It's not going my way.

Then imagine a church, a company or a family where everyone understands it is their responsibility to help and love one another.  The culture is healthy because everyone leans in to make the place
better.

This reminds me of the story of the long spoons. The allegory of the long spoons is a parable that shows the difference between heaven and hell by means of people forced to eat with long spoons.

The allegory can be summarized as follows:In each location, the inhabitants are given access to food, but the utensils are too unwieldy to serve oneself with. In hell, the people cannot cooperate, and consequently starve. In heaven, the diners feed one another across the table and their hunger is satisfied.

Who are you trying to feed in this life?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: